2.5-10 Calling Rifle Scope

Delta Dog

Just landed a 700 VS in the "boring" 223. I am looking for this to be a calling rifle and plan to scope it as such.

For a 223, though it may be capable of far more, I plan on shots of 300yds and less. As such, I know I do not really "need" exposed turrets, Christmas tree reticles, etc.. I just want the most glass for my money.

I really like the 2.5-10X42-50mm idea. However, I can't find one without the ridiculous BDC reticle, or in my price range of under $500. The Leupold VX5HD would be my choice, but its a little rich for me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jake

Leupold VX-R Patrol in 3-9x40. Has a nice reticle, fire-dot for low light work, and short exposed turrets for fast adjustments.

I have several MK AR scopes, wish I had gone the 30mm VX-R Patrol route. Friend has one, very noce.

Here is a used on on E-Bay

VX-R Patrol

Last edited:
You might want to look for a Buschnell Elite 4200 2.5x10, they came in 40 and 50mm objectives. I have two of them on rifles, both 40mm and my nephew has a 50 mm on his rifle, I much prefer the 40mm as it can be mounted lower and you only gain very little approximately 1x more useable power with the same light transmission. For me the 50mm just doesn't make the grade, it is just too bulky to justify the limited plus.

Doug that Athlon 2-10x40 looks very interesting, nearly a 50' FOV on the low end and 10x on the upper end makes it look like an ideal calling scope, I hope it is still available once I get settled into my new home.

Originally Posted By: AWSDoug that Athlon 2-10x40 looks very interesting, nearly a 50' FOV on the low end and 10x on the upper end makes it look like an ideal calling scope, I hope it is still available once I get settled into my new home.

It's a standard stock item as we sell a ton of these scopes. No worry

They make the bushy 4500... but I hate no lock ring on the ocular.

I have purchased two 2.5-10x40 4200 from ebay. One was lightly used for about 175. The other was like 220 never mounted in box still had tag on it.

Both are just a basic duplex.

A little long and heavy, but otherwise an awesome scope. I like the low end for predators and the higher end for jacks. I have two tikkas setup identical. One in .243 for predators and medium game. The other in .223 for predators and jacks.

You might need to patient, but eventually one will come up. They were also made in 50mm.

Last edited:
Back